Tuesday, April 05, 2005

The Lawn God

Pray to the god of verdure,
To the Ancient Greener of Seed;
Lay down your lime, spread your peat, and
Spray your weed and feed.

Sow in the arms of summer,
To the humunous womb of the Earth;
Grow your rye, your fescue, blue, and
Mow when the blades give birth.

Cry to the West for moisture,
To the East for heat and light;
Dry your eyes, bide your time, and
Ply 'til the foil is bright.

Say to the god of winter,
To the winds of the North unsound,
"May the soil stay rich, the roots stay firm," then
Lay down on the hoary ground.

4 Comments:

Blogger palinurus said...

Really, your best work, mower or less.

4/06/2005 05:31:00 PM  
Blogger Remainderman said...

A cutting remark.

4/06/2005 07:37:00 PM  
Blogger Gone Away said...

Well, I'll not grass on you fellows, 'tis a fine example of the lawn poet's art. And a harbinger of Spring to boot (he said in a clipped voice).

4/06/2005 08:41:00 PM  
Blogger Ut Utah House Cleaning said...

Unique blog my friend, I can hardly wait to vist
this site again. I just worship the site its comes
from! Believe me in my extra time I'm consistently
looking up blogs like this.
It may look like it was hard work, but my ia iowa house cleaning blog was simple.

2/06/2006 03:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home