Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Traffic Report, Monday, March 28, 2005

Your humble Contributor far afield these days in his traditional post-Easter trip. He has now found an ether suitable for posting in a sunny bistro, empty but for his own enigmatic person. Sunny, yes -- but, it has not been so until lately. Let's listen in.

Wendy: Oh, bother! I can't keep my hair in order.

Gail: Do tell! A kerchief is positively useless!

Reighne: Now ladies -- these are just two of the ancient elements -- air and water. How could they possible trouble you?

Wendy: Easy for you to say -- you have only to run a comb across the few strands of your head to set them straight again.

Reighne: My, my! No need to be uncivil. But -- now that you mention it -- the strand's the thing, don't you agree?

Hale: Quite right!

Sandy: What, ho, ladies and gents! Goodness, ladies -- why, the melancholic affectations?

Wendy: Well, if you must know, we are enduring the onslaught the Reighne and Hale.

Reighne: [chuckling] I ask you, Sandy, have you ever known Hale to come down hard on anyone?

Sandy: Perish the thought: no more than Gail so much as stirring a leaf.

Hale: And, hasn't Reighne the sunniest of dispositions?

Sandy: Of course.

Gail: But, it does seem that the labor and time at our coiffures has come to naught by some unknown disturbance, accompanied by ambient moisture. I'm for repairing to the cottage.

Sandy: Well, I should hope not. Surely, the calmness of the parlor becomes tedious even to you. Therefore, tie back your locks or let them go -- at your pleasure -- but, by all means, let's go out and meet Myrtle.

5 Comments:

Blogger palinurus said...

I am not sure weather I get your meaning.

3/29/2005 03:08:00 PM  
Blogger Harry said...

I'd storm out.

3/30/2005 09:03:00 AM  
Blogger Gone Away said...

'Sno mean trick, thinking up these wet hair comments...

3/30/2005 01:41:00 PM  
Blogger Ned said...

And I thought I was the only one having a bad hair day...

3/30/2005 07:09:00 PM  
Blogger Mi Michigan House Cleaning said...

Enchanting blog. Your site was off the chain and I
will return! I peep the web for blogs just like this
one.
Go and click my pa pennsylvania house cleaning blog.

2/06/2006 12:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home