Monday, February 28, 2005

Not Seeing Eye to Eye

"I can see right through you."

Oh, yeah?

"Yeah."

You're so blind.

"That so?"

You need me. Listen: if it wasn't for me you'd be totally lost; stumbling around; fallen in some ditch.

"I think I would've found my way."

Yeah, right.

"Well... I guess it's 20/20 hindsight."

Try 20/200.

"Well... I don't know. I had some good contacts."

Oh, yeah -- they didn't last too long.

"Well... it didn't work out."

And, you didn't shed many tears.

"Actually, I did. It was an issue."

Oh... poor bay-bee! You're killing me.

"Come on now -- you're just hurt."

Maybe I am. Not like I have no reason.... So what is it -- tell me --

"Well... look, you were beautiful in your day. You broadened my perspective."

I'm too big, right?

"Hey -- times change. Like they say, 'thin is in.'"

Oh, beautiful! I'm too fat.

"Okay, sure -- a little thinner, and a little more flexible. Just a different style."

I can't believe it! You're ditching me for some emaciated featherweight!

"Come on now...we had -- what -- eight or nine good years. Together every day. Had a lot of laughs. Saw a lot of sights. You left a real impression on me."

Oh, great. So, now, you're putting me away.

"Hey -- I'll still see you -- just not all the time. You'll be like -- like a spare -- you know."

Oh, great! That's just great. Beautiful. Wonderful. Why don't you just feed me to the lions?

"Come on baby -- get a grip -- your making a spectacle of yourself."

6 Comments:

Blogger Ned said...

Good organization. Too bad about the contacts, having good contacts is key. They never fog your perspective.

3/01/2005 05:12:00 AM  
Blogger Remainderman said...

I see.

3/01/2005 05:05:00 PM  
Blogger Gone Away said...

Looks okay to me...

3/01/2005 06:10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was looking for blogs about tai chi and came across yours. I have whats referred to as a hard style Karate School and this is something we've been contemplating adding to it. Great blog you have and I've enjoyed reading the posts on it.

10/26/2005 12:03:00 AM  
Anonymous Occupational Safety Technicians said...

Hello Remainderman,

After reading your blog "Not Seeing Eye to Eye", I believe you will find the wages information on my site about Jobs With Best Wages to be very helpful.

To give you an idea of our wide range, some of the recent searches that found our site included ...

Pharmacy Technicians Wages
Physical Therapists Wages
Physician Assistants Wages
Physicians Wages
Surgeons Wages
Podiatrists Wages
Prosthodontists Wages
Psychiatric Technicians Wages.

We have hundreds of "must read" articles on wages and careers and many other topics in our Top Career Wages site.

Kind Regards
Emily

11/25/2005 05:55:00 PM  
Blogger Wy Wyoming House Cleaning said...

Energizing blog. It blew me away and I loved your
site. when I have the time to surf the net, i try
finding blogs as good as your site.
I know that you love my work so, look up my mi michigan house cleaning blog.

2/06/2006 07:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home